Get Your Business on The Search Engine Map with These Local SEO Services and Tips
If you have a new business, it is extremely helpful to make your business visible to clients through local web searches. Taking advantage of a local SEO service can get your business on the local search engine map. It also show’s users that you’re close by and open for business.
Local search provides the most relevant search results to users based on their location. For example, if a user searches for “restaurants,” the first results will be of restaurants near the user’s location. It will also display a map of these locations and business information. Since the use of local search narrows down the search results to only businesses in a given area, this will lessen the competition for your business. A local SEO service will improve your business’s search visibility, increase the number of visitors to your page, and finally get your business on the local search engine map.
Tips for Local SEO
If you want to get your local business page out there, follow these handy tips to get the ball rolling:
- Create a local business page with Google. If your business page already exists, you must claim it.
- Categorize your local business page with one primary category and up to nine additional categories.
- Make sure your business information is represented accurately and consistently on all pages and directories online.
- If your business was listed online by someone else, claim it. Or if necessary, contact the page owner to edit your business information.
- Get your business listing on top web directories. The more directories your business is listed on, the better your search visibility.
- Aim for more good reviews online. They appear on your local business page and influence Google’s ranking of local businesses.
- Optimize your local business page. Quality photos and a well-written description (with keywords) give visitors a clear idea of what your business is. Add an accurate address, phone number, website, and hours of operation list.
- Earn quality inbound links from bloggers, local business indexes, newspapers, and other authoritative sources through content development, outreach, and social sharing.
- Keep your local business page up-to-date with the ever-changing world of SEO. If you don’t have time to do this, hire an SEO company to keep your page up to date with local SEO services.
Whether you’re just starting out with your business or you just haven’t given much thought to local SEO, it’s never too late to get your business page on the local search engine map for local clients to discover.